Saturday, April 13, 2013

Adepticon 2013: The time Approaches... what will you be doing?

Alright so Adepticon 2013 is just a few days away now, and with it right on the horizon I guess it is time to announce what things Dreadbeard and I will be attending this year.


First and foremost we will both be playing in the 40k Friendly on Friday, an event we are both excited about because we are there to have a ton of fun this year, no serious business, enjoy the time spent playing friendly people and drinking a crap ton of booze, and this even encourages that! Bring crazy lists with cool things. I am excited to see what people bring and share in a few drinks.

Secondly we both will be in the Saturday morning 40k Combat Patrol. For those of you who know me, I love this event and try to get in one every year. It is a great format for 40k, making people really think about their lists as they play. I am excited to see what this year brings to the table in peoples lists and in the cool missions that will be given.

Besides that I might participate in the poker tournament, I have played the past two years and really enjoyed it, I don't remember if i signed up this year, but if i did not hopefully a spot will be left for me to grab.

Besides that I am sure you will see my side-burned self walking around. Some days I will be wearing my old Dark Future Games shirt, some days maybe not... we don't have any shirts made up for GB&B yet as we really do need to get ourselves a -real- logo and banner... hmmm maybe ill make it a contest soon...


Oh and here is me
And the mighty Dreadbeard

Those pics are to help you find us during the Con!

We will be arriving Wednesday night and most likely will make our way to a bar or two after getting our swag bags and bothering some of the other peeps we know. I am sure I will update where we are headed to for you Chicago-area people who might not be attending Adepticon but might be a reader if you would like to grab a drink with us.

If you want to get ahold of us during the day, if you dont see us around the best way might be through our Facebook group which can be found here: Gaming, Beer & Bullshit Facebook Group

Other than that we will be wandering around the Westin in Lombard drinking, admiring amazing models and watching amazing gaming being done.


If you readers have any topic you would like me to cover in a post shoot me an email at imasentinel@gmail.com

Until next time, burn some heretics, kill some mutants, and do it always.....

FOR THE EMPEROR!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you guys this next weekend! I'll come visit during the friendly and harass the two of you. My wife is making homemade cookies again!!

    Didn't make it into the morning combat patrol, but I made it into the Sat night one. Might try and see if I can take the place of a no-show Saturday morning though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hell, all my opponents in the CP will be getting homemade cookies...

    ReplyDelete