Thursday, March 21, 2013

Adepticon is almost upon us!

With one of the biggest (and I consider best) tabletop gaming conventions nearly upon us in Adepticon things have been moving quickly around the local gaming store. People playing games, especially with the rate of new codexes for Warhammer 40k, and others desperately trying to assemble and paint the rest of their armies. I am seeing this include both Warmachine/Hordes as well as 40k. At our FLGS we have a wide section from both groups.



Personally I am in the group of desperately trying to assemble models. Why you might ask? Do you not have a well established army? Well.... yes... I could indeed bring the same old army list again this year, yet with 6th Edition it is finally time to own up to the fact that the Vendetta is worth taking my time to assemble and paint it. Plus with being in the 40k friendly I am trying to try out a few different things, have more of a theme type army rather than what I used to run. Sure I am time crunching myself by doing this, but without some sort of inspiration I would never get my models assembled... the amount of Forgeworld models sitting unassembled, or unpainted is... staggering. So in an attempt to move forward I am trying to assemble some of these and use them in my list, including 2 hellhound/banewolves and the siege drill. These just break the surface of what I have sitting in little plastic baggies however.

I will say it feels nice to get back to working on the models, it had been far to long and having clippers and glue in my hands was nice.  Coming up I think I might do a post on my "famous" mud that my models use which always seems to get a bit of attention at various tournaments I attend, including Adepticon.

What about you guys? Working hard on any models? Send me some pics of your latest projects!


If you readers have any topic you would like me to cover in a post shoot me an email at imasentinel@gmail.com

Until next time, burn some heretics, kill some mutants, and do it always.....

FOR THE EMPEROR!

3 comments:

  1. Focusing on getting WM stuff painted. For 40k, I am not looking forward to playing my Tau for the team tournament with the 4th edition Codex after (hopefully) starting it to use the 6th edition one in some games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how that would be frustrating, but at the same time, there is no better place to get a variety of games in with the new codex if it is indeed out by then!

      Delete