Friday, November 15, 2013

A step away, and a step back

So I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything on here, mainly because I took a step away from most of my gaming habits for awhile besides some Computer Gaming. However I am slowly getting back into the swing of things, and the more than anything reanalyzing my feelings on gaming in general, and thinking about giving some other things a try because of it.

In the past, as many of you know I was a pretty hardcore Warhammer 40k player, I won a lot of the local tournaments, went to the second round of 'Ard Boyz and placed 5th there (shout out to The Judge who should have gone to the finals but a game store screwed him by not giving him a call when a player dropped out)

I found myself getting burned out from the style and more than anything from my codex, and it made me slowly stop playing, stop using my hobby skills and just not really care, I would get excited seeing new codices and new models, but they just did not interest my full enough, hell I even bought a full Chaos Marines army which I am now looking to sell.

So... I took a step away, I played some other things, worked on other things. (hell some of my friends would say I disappeared entirely). However I am starting to step back into the game store, and with a new look on life. I am going to go in for more fun things, oh I will most likely still attend tournaments and try and win cause who doesn't like to have store credit places, but I will also try more of the alternative game play, already Dreadbeard and the guys at Craftworld Lansing have introduced me to how much fun Kill Team is, and it makes me want to re-explore things like Apocolypse, Planetstrike and some of the others.

It has also opened me up to exploring Warhammer Fantasy, along with the incoming Dwarves codex, which I have been waiting for FOREVER!

Plus my new view opened my eyes about other gaming experiences, I am trying to play some new RPGs, like Shadowrun, which I think Dreadbeard and I can both agree is a LOT of fun, and try and get some old ones back going by reaching out to one of my old DMs for DnD and get him to start up a game.

So maybe what I am trying to convey is to not give up on your gaming, try instead to look to other things in your gaming to get some fun out of. It is easy to get burnt out when you concentrate on one thing, or easy to lose focus on the importance of treating those friends around you well because of it.

On a side note, those of you who are planning on attending Adepticon 2014, I hope to see you there and share a drink or some food with. It is always a good experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment